Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Why Ironman?

I guess I am crazy or something but since I was a kid and watched my first Hawaii Ironman I have always thought of doing a full Ironman race. Now when I want to do something I just set me mind to it and do it. There is something about the long distance that is truly daunting. I consider it the greatest physical and mental challenge I will ever undertake. So even though I had only done a few races in 2008 and nothing longer than on Olympic distance I decided to go for it in 2009.

I was skipping the 1/2 Ironman distance and going for the full Ironman. I targeted Ironman Florida in November 0f 2009. So the day registration opened, I plunked down the registration fee and I was in. I figured Florida looked pretty flat and being a Clydesdale I thought a flat course would be a safe bet for me. So as I planned for my other races for 2009 I knew that everything I was doing was really a tuneup for the 2009 Ironman Florida on November 7, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment