Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Let the season begin!!!

The long winter is over and the first race of the season is this weekend 5/2/10. This has been a tough winter and off season. I have trained much more this year than last. Hours in the pool, on the bike trainer and on the treadmill will hopefully get me off to a much better start to the race season this year.

I will be going back to the Nanticoke sprint triathlon. This was the very first race I ever attempted 2 years ago. It is also the the one and only race I ever considered quitting. When I look back on it now it seems like so long ago. But in 18 months I went from almost quitting my first race to completing an Ironman. It really is pretty amazing. The Nanticoke is a nice early season sprint. The swim almost did me in the first time. My swimming has improved tremendously since then. I am really looking forward to the race and putting in a strong effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment